It’s that time of the year, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back and Halloween decorations are front and center at the supermarket. Summer is over. To many, that might just mean the changing of a season, but for many spray tan business owners, the slow season is just beginning.
What causes this natural decline in business? The weather is one main factor. The dropping temperatures lead to long sleeves, sweaters, and ultimately, showing less skin. This reduces the want of bronzed skin for the simple fact that clients just won’t be showing it off. Another reason is people think that the only type of tan they can get is one that looks like they’ve been to the beach. It’s not always beach weather, so such an obvious tan doesn’t appeal to many consumers throughout all seasons.
So how can you keep business from falling into this season?
Advertise more subtle tans or “winter shades.” Create some softer solutions targeted for a hint of color rather than a sun-kissed look. These tans will even out their skin tones and lead to a healthier complexion, and fight the dry and dull skin that winter causes. This is also a great time to promote package deals or bring a friend discount. The holiday season is full of parties, events, and photos that are great incentives for clients to continually feel their best! Lastly, promote all the reasons to stay tan this winter!
Some of these reasons are:
- Makeup trends – darker shades in the winter are very popular, but not everyone can pull off the vampire look. A subtle glow to your client’s skin will definitely help pull off those trendy looks.
- Boosts confidence – Tans help show muscle definition, even out skin tones, creates a younger feel, and makes skin appear healthier. Healthier, more reduce blemishes and lead to wearing less makeup, which is great for the harsh winter months!
- Pictures – A great subtle spray tan can leave your clients’ photo ready for every holiday party.
- Say goodbye to Nylons – Airbrush tanning helps conceal veins and cellulite!
- Improves mental well-being – The darker days and indoor weather can often lead to seasonal depression, but it’s proven that when you look good, you feel good! A spray tan can help fight that gloomy mood throughout winter!
As your clients switch swimsuits for sweaters this fall, don’t let them forget all the benefits of year-round spray tanning!