Whether it’s slow or busy season for your business, all of us boss babes should have one thing in common: the urge to continue our education.
Instead of the usual sales motto “A.B.C” (always be closing) I like to think of my venture as an entrepreneur (and as a human being) as “A.B.L” (always be learning). Yeah, the grammar isn’t the best but, hey, you get the point.
In both personal and business growth there are a few things that are important to know: you don’t know everything and that there is always room for growth. Having a firm understanding of this has allowed me to embrace my flaws and has given me great confidence to move forward with my business in a place of curiosity rather than “all-knowing”. I ask questions, I research, I learn, I understand that I am smart but I also know that I am constantly evolving into a better, more productive and educated me.
During the slow season (November through February) for my spray tanning business, I enjoy taking a step back from the spray gun and immersing myself into (paid or free) classes that will help my growth for the next busy season to come. This has helped me in so many ways from expanding in my spray tanning technique (body contouring, etc.), learning how to market my business for free all the way to networking and more.
Here are a few free classes that I have come across to help you take the step towards becoming a better you for a better business. ENJOY!
- Learn to Make a Website (Codecademy): 3 Hour Course. Helps you understand the basic fundamentals of building a website using HTML & CSS.
- Learn to Edit Images in Photoshop (Digital Tutors): 1.5 Hour Course. Videos to show you the basics including color correction, resizing, resampling, removing, etc!
- Online Advertising (OPEN2STUDY): 16 Hour Course. Learn about the evolution of online marketing. How prices are set, what platforms are used and why and how to maximize your online efforts.
- Social Media 101 (Social Media Quickstarter): 2.5 Hour Course. Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram– learn how to use social media for your business.
- Google Analytics (ALISON): 2 Hour Course. Keywords? Campaigns? I know I had a lot of questions about Google Analytics & AdWords; this course helps answer some of the main questions I had before I made my investment in advertising with Google.
Enjoy learning and if you need help with any of these areas: building a website, online advertising, designs, social media marketing or other forms of marketing- shoot us an e-mail [email protected] – we are here to help!